Easy and simple shortbread recipe for buttery melt in your mouth shortbreads.
This recipe only uses 5 simple ingredients that you probably already have at home. These delicious biscuits have a delightfully crisp texture but a dissolve in the mouth. Pair them with a cup of tea or coffee and you will be snacking on them all day. These shortbreads last for weeks if you store them correctly in an airtight container. Made the dough and want to bake them later, not to worry the dough can also be refrigerated for up to 5 days and is freezer friendly.
• 125g butter (room temp)
• 50g castor sugar
• 120g plain flour
• 60g cornflour
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 150C and line a flat baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a stand mixer beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Add remaining ingredients and combine to a soft dough.
4. Chill the dough for 30 mins before baking.
5. Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough and cut into your desired shape. Alternately bake into a square 8inch tin.
6. Place on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
7. Bake for 10-12mins.
8. Transfer to a cooling rack and let them completely cool before decorating.
9. Decorate as you wish.
Use both white and milk chocolate and try using a variety of nuts to give a different crunch. Try lemon or orange zest into the dough for a little zing.
Don’t forget to send us your pictures on Instagram. For other recipes check out our blog.