So I think I might be the only one who hasn’t tried the famous PF Changs dynamite shrimp! I know I can’t believe it myself! I love seafood, and prawns are my absolute favourite, whether they are deep fried, grilled or in a curry.
I have a slight, or as my husband says ‘major’ prawn obsession, and whenever I go out for a meal prawns is a must have. I first tried these prawns in Caramel, a restaurant in London, and OMG I would keep revisiting this place for these prawns. If you are from London, or are visiting London I highly recommend you visit Caramel, even if you don’t like prawns, the food is great.
So here’s the recipe:
What you will need:
- 250g King Prawns
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon of spicy chicken coating
- 300ml sparkling water
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 heaped tbps mayonnaise
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce or more if you like it extra spicy
- Oil for frying
- Spring onions for garnish (optional)
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Wash and keep your prawns aside.
- Combine your plain flour (keep a little extra on the side for later), chicken coating, black pepper, egg and sparkling water.
- Whisk till combined and there is no lumps and set aside for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile combine mayonnaise and the sriracha sauce.
- Heat oil to about 180 degrees.
- Dip your prawns in the extra plain flour we kept aside, then straight in the batter.
- Deep fry the prawns.
- Dip straight into the sauce.
- Garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.